Sunday, November 27, 2011

A True Trifecta!

Wanna know a secret?  I'm terrible at being a good friend.  Great people have come and gone in my life but I can rarely make lasting connections because of my bad friend manners.  I'm notorious for never calling, never writing, never hanging out, never doing any friend things.  BUT  it doesn't mean I don't keep them in my heart and think about them, each and every one of them, every now and then.  

Despite my bad manners, Judy has been a constant in my life.  Even though we don't speak often, we pick up right where we left off.  And Judy is content with this.  And for Judy, I am gracious.  And, I have the most exciting news!!!  Judy and Joe are expecting their first child--a girl!  I would post the name but that name is supposedly top secret until that child is born.  I'm going to take this time to suggest a name.  Only because it seems in keeping with baby shower posts.  Jody!  It's a mix of Joe and Judy.  It's not as distinguished as Nigel but it's warm and sunny like Judy and Joe. Mostly like Judy...sorry Joe.  No offense.  I think you're warm and sunny too just not as much as Judy.  

So Joe got Judy a Burberry diaper bag as a push present.  Have you even heard of this?  Apparently I don't watch enough trash tv because this is where the term was first coined.  And they wanted their cake to match their bag.  

Judy opening Joe's gift.  See Judy?  Pure warmth and sunshine.

Judy and Joe's Burberry Diaper Bag Cake.  There is a BUNCH of stuff lying around the cake.  The bottle and iPhone are made of chocolate.  The rest of the items are gumpaste.  Oh, yes, must give credit where credit is due.  I did get help with this cake.  The invitation by the purse pocket, Joe designed that.  I just put it on edible paper.  If you're one for little details, you can see the bottle is dripping milk on top of the burp cloth. 

The massacred cake.  

Judy, you are a wonderful friend.  Joe, you're a lucky guy.  Jody, you're a lucky girl to have two wonderful parents.  Congratulations to the three of you.  Now THAT'S what I call a trifecta.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny
    The cake you did looks amazing and the details are exquisite! Hope you and your family are well. Take care.
    Sindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...