Monday, September 26, 2011

"Do You Remember When We Used to Sing..."

You know you want to join me:
"Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da!"

 This song inspired many people to make love on the green grass behind the stadium.  Not me.  This isn't my story.  But it is Albe and Irene's story.  Not the making love on the green grass behind the stadium part.  Just the standing in the sunlight, laughing.  Hiding-behind-a-rainbow's-wall part.  Can you feel that?  Can you feel the sun's warmness on your skin?  Last week, I was fortunate enough to peek into this kind of innocent love when this song was popular.  Albe wanted to surprise his wife, Irene, with a birthday cake. 
"Her favorite is Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting..."  After telling me the flavor, he smiled, looked away and, I swear, he blushed just a little bit as he told me "and write 'Happy birthday to my brown eyed girl'."  This is what he used to call her when they first started dating back when this song was popular.  Did your heart melt?  Because mine did as I saw that his flesh had aged but inside he was still the love stricken youth madly in love with Irene. 
And thus, the design.  This love of Albe gift wrapped especially for Irene on her birthday.  

 Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Close up of the sugar peony.

Happy Birthday Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...